NRL Touch Football Partners with Indomie Noodles

first_imgNRL Touch Football is pleased to announce a new partnership with Indomie Instant Noodles.Instant noodles have always been a convenient way to refuel on carbohydrates, but they’ve come a long way since their basic beginnings, and Indomie is famous for its five different flavour sachets so you can add a little or a lot of favour, depending on your own tastes.Indomie is expanding in Australia, and they were interested in NRL Touch Football for being an Australian-born game and Australia’s largest social sport, with 680,000 participants.NRL Touch Football CEO Steve Mitchell says partnering with Indomie makes sense because touch footballers tend to lead busy lives, and instant noodles make for a convenient meal that you can cook within a couple of minutes when you don’t have time for anything else.“A large proportion of our participants are students, and the instant noodle category particularly appeals to students, who tend to look for convenience and affordability,” said Mitchell.Indomie Regional Manager William Ho is delighted to be aligned with a growing sport that has such a large national footprint.“Indomie are very pleased with the opportunity to partner up with NRL Touch Football, which allows us to connect our brand with one of the largest grassroots sports in the country. This is our first time to sponsor the sport and we truly appreciate the overwhelming support from the members and participants!”For more information on Indomie Instant Noodles please visit http://www.indomie.com.au/To play Touch Football this summer find your nearest club at https://playnrl.com/last_img read more

Read More →

10 months ago​Crystal Palace defender Souare undergoes surgery

first_img​Crystal Palace defender Souare undergoes surgeryby Ansser Sadiq10 months agoSend to a friendShare the loveCrystal Palace defender Pape Souare has gone through with an operation on his dislocated shoulder.The Senegalese international was injured against Grimsby in the FA Cup over the weekend.There is hope that he will be back soon, but it is not a major loss for Palace. Souare had only played in four games this season prior to his injury.Souare took to Twitter to say: “Quick minor op, and it went great can’t wait to get back doing what I love.”I wanna thank everyone for their ongoing support. See you soon.” About the authorAnsser SadiqShare the loveHave your saylast_img

Read More →

Trump cancels Putin meeting over RussiaUkraine sea flap

first_imgBUENOS AIRES, Argentina — President Donald Trump says he’s cancelled a meeting with Russian President Vladimir Putin, citing Russia’s seizure of Ukrainian vessels.Trump tweeted his decision Thursday after departing Washington for a world leader summit in Argentina, where he and Putin were to meet.Trump says “based on the fact that the ships and sailors have not been returned to Ukraine from Russia, I have decided it would be best for all parties concerned to cancel my previously scheduled meeting in Argentina with President Vladimir Putin. I look forward to a meaningful Summit again as soon as this situation is resolved!”Russia recently seized three Ukrainian vessels and crews. Russia said Ukraine didn’t have permission to pass between Russia’s mainland and the Crimean Peninsula. Ukraine insisted its vessels abided by maritime laws.The Associated Presslast_img read more

Read More →

HIDCO to run air conditioners using solar power at Nazrul Tirtha

first_imgKolkata: The West Bengal Housing and Infrastructure Development Corporation (Hidco) will soon run air conditioning machines on solar power in a portion of Nazrul Tirtha.Some of the ACs installed in the west wing of the second and third floor of the auditorium will be run using solar energy. The solar installation will be put up by Kawasaki Rikuso Transportation Co (KRT) that has recently been instrumental in setting up a solar-powered temperature-controlled warehouse at Tapasi Malik Krishak Bazaar in Singur. Also Read – Bengal family worships Muslim girl as Goddess Durga in Kumari PujaOn January 21, state Information Technology and Electronics minister Amit Mitra had inaugurated the facility. “We have already handed over the autoCAD drawings of the floor areas. Information on the existing central AC modules, their times of operation, roof space and balcony space available for installing the solar panels were discussed so create the designs,” a senior official of Hidco said. Keiichi Higuchi, president of Kawasaki Rikuso Transportation Co, and other officials inspected of a portion of Nazrul Tirtha and then recently held a meeting with senior Hidco officials. Also Read – Bengal civic volunteer dies in road mishap on national highway”Maintenance-free conventional batteries with periodic recycling would be provided. The idea is to move huge AC power requirement in the city space to renewable energy sources so as to move towards a greener earth. A project report would be prepared within a month,” the official said. It may be mentioned that Hidco chairman Debashis Sen had paid a visit to the warehouse in Singur developed by KRT in February and was impressed with its infrastructure. There are two rooms for keeping fruits and vegetables fresh and the temperature inside the two rooms hover around 19 degree Celsius, with wall-mounted digital thermometers registering the temperature. No electric power from the grid is being used. Interestingly, the facilities put up at the warehouse also include a magnetic rat-trap to ensure that rodents do not feast on the fruits and vegetables stored in the warehouse, where they remain fresh for six to seven days. The KRT facility at Singur is funded by Japan International Cooperation Agency. If the proposed solar model at Nazrul Tirtha works well the state Information Technology and Electronics department may use this model to run the air-conditioning system of some community halls and offices maintained by the state government in New Town.last_img read more

Read More →

Rahul not to appear personally in contempt case

first_imgNew Delhi: The Supreme Court on Tuesday issued notice to Congress president Rahul Gandhi seeking his response on a contempt petition for “incorrectly” attributing his ‘chowkidar chor hai’ remark against Prime Minister Narendra Modi to it in the Rafale case but exempted him from personal appearance. “Personal presence of the alleged contemnor is dispensed with, for the present,” a bench headed by Chief Justice Ranjan Gogoi said in the order. The notice was issued after the top court rejected Gandhi’s plea to close the criminal contempt case filed by BJP MP Meenakshi Lekhi after his explanation in an affidavit on Monday claiming that the remarks were made in the “heat of political campaigning”. Gandhi had also expressed regret over his remarks. The apex court said the contempt case will be heard on April 30 along with the pending review petitions against the December 14, 2018 verdict that gave a clean chit to the Modi government in the Rafale fighter jet deal on a petition alleging irregularities. After hearing the arguments by former Attorney General Mukul Rohatgi, appearing for Lekhi and senior advocate and Congress leader Abhishek Manu Singhvi representing Gandhi for around 10 minutes, a bench headed by Chief Justice Ranjan Gogoi passed the order. “On the basis of the statements made by Dr. Abhishek Manu Singhvi, senior counsel appearing for the alleged contemnor (Rahul Gandhi), we deem it proper to issue notice in the matter,” the bench, also comprising Justices Deepak Gupta and Sanjiv Khanna, said. Further, it said “Personal presence of the alleged contemnor (Rahul Gandhi) is dispensed with, for the present. “We also deem it proper to direct the Registry to list the present contempt petition along with Review Petition and connected Review Petitions and Miscellaneous Applications on April 30,” the bench said. The Congress said Gandhi in his “explanation” to the Supreme Court asserted that it was never his intention to attribute the ‘chowkidar chor hai’ slogan to the top court, but the party will continue to use the expression in the future. Singhvi told reporters that Gandhi’s affidavit clearly mentioned that a campaign is being run by the party president, Congress and other parties since the last 18 months or so alleging that Prime Minister Modi, some union ministers and others are complicit in the Rafale “scam”. “In this context, we had coined and repeatedly used, endorsed and relied upon the political slogan ‘chowkidar chor hai’ which we have done, we continue to do, and will continue to rely upon,” Singhvi said, citing Gandhi’s reply in the court. “It was never our intention to attribute this slogan as a finding of the Supreme Court. Indeed it could not have been such an intention for the simple reason that no court much less the Supreme Court would adopt or endorse such a slogan in a court order,” he said. Singhvi said he requested the court to close the matter, asserting that the BJP was politicising it and even using the court as a forum for politicisation. During the hearing, the court asked Rohatgi to apprise it of the contents of Gandhi’s affidavit. “We have not read the affidavit. Tell us what Rahul Gandhi has said,” the CJI said. Rohatgi said the Congress President has “admitted” that he made a “wrong statement” relating to the April 10 verdict of the apex court which merely had rejected the preliminary objections of the Centre on admissibility of certain documents to adjudicate the review petition in the Rafale case. “Rahul Gandhi said he made the statement in a euphoric manner,” Rohatgi said, adding that Gandhi had made the wrong statement without reading or seeing the order. Referring to the affidavit. the senior advocate said: “The apology is in a bracket.” “According to me it is not an apology. Actually a lip service of apology,” Rohatgi said. He said the top leader of a main political party is making a statement that “chowkidar Narendra Modi chor hain” without reading even the order of the apex court.last_img read more

Read More →

Football Ohio State avoids upset edges Spartans 1716 in East Lansing

OSU redshirt junior quarterback looks for a lane through the Michigan State defense during the Buckeyes’ game against the Spartans. Credit: Alexa Mavrogianis | Photo EditorEAST LANSING, Michigan — A cold, blustery November day in East Lansing, Michigan, perfectly summarized the scrappy contest between the No. 2 Ohio State Buckeyes and the unranked Michigan State Spartans. In a game that the Buckeyes came in as 20 point favorites, OSU edged the Spartans 17-16.The Buckeyes are now 3-3 in their last six meetings with the Spartans. “I don’t think they’re far out (of playoff contention),” said OSU coach Urban Meyer. “I just got a lot of respect. I’ve been in the foxhole against those guys and I know their coaching staff very well. I have great respect for them. They played very hard, but I don’t expect anything different.”The Spartans struck quickly on the legs of sophomore running back L.J. Scott. An innocent screen pass to the left side of the field, paired with outstanding down-the-field blocking, gave Scott a 64-yard lane all the way for a score. It was the first touchdown the Buckeyes defense had given up over nine quarters.Both teams combined for just nine pass completions in the first half. The wind gusts on the field, reported at 30 miles per hour at times, made a down-the-field passing game nearly impossible. One of the longest passes of the first half was a 14-yard toss from redshirt junior quarterback J.T. Barrett to redshirt junior tight end Marcus Baugh. Even that throw was altered by the wind slightly.Michigan State redshirt senior quarterback Tyler O’Connor had plenty of time to throw, as the OSU pass rush struggled in the first half to reach the quarterback. On the other side, the Buckeyes’ offensive line seemed perplexed with the Michigan State defensive front, allowing three sacks through the first two quarters.Three chunk plays were the culprit to the Buckeyes’ defensive shortcomings in the first half. All three were by Scott, who racked up 149 yards on just three of his nine touches in the two opening quarters. Most of Scott’s big runs came from off the tackle, swinging the ball wide where he found lots of daylight. Redshirt junior linebacker Chris Worley agreed the team failed to keep him contained at times.“A lot of (mistakes) were just little schemed-up things,” he said. “Not setting an edge on the defense.” OSU’s biggest play of the day came on a picture-perfect pass from Barrett to junior H-back Curtis Samuel across the middle of the field. In single coverage over the top, the OSU offense found a hole and Barrett floated the ball right into the outstretched arms of Samuel for a touchdown.The second half kicked off with the Buckeyes handling the opening kick. It took more than six minutes of game time before either team could find a way to score.After busting a 52-yard scamper off a beautiful lead block by Baugh, Weber pushed across the goalline for a 4-yard touchdown rush. The touchdown was his first rushing score away from Ohio Stadium this season.Weber finished his day with 14 carries for 111 yards and the touchdown, and proved to be a difference maker. He said after the game he was instrumental to the team’s approach to attacking the Michigan State defense.“Just pound the ball,” Weber said. “We knew it was going to be hard to throw the ball in that wind. Coach Meyer had a mindset that we’re going to play defense and we’re going to run the ball. I think we had over 200 yards rushing total and did a good job with that.”Samuel led the Buckeyes with 4 receptions for 40 yards, although his touches were limited by the Spartans’ defense for most of the day. He gained 53 total yards, his lowest total of the year. OSU picked up just 86 yards through the air on Saturday.A fake punt by Michigan State early in the fourth quarter from its own territory gave the Spartans a big first down, but a failed trick play and a sack by redshirt junior defensive end Tyquan Lewis and redshirt sophomore defensive end Sam Hubbard forced the Spartans to punt.Scott single-handedly carried his team back into the game with nine minutes remaining, carrying the ball for all eight plays of a Michigan State drive. After plunging forward for a 1-yard touchdown rush, Dantonio decided to try for a two-point conversion, but O’Connor’s pass was picked off by redshirt sophomore safety Malik Hooker at the goal line. On Michigan State’s final drive, redshirt junior cornerback Gareon Conley intercepted O’Connor’s pass to seal the game for OSU. After the game, he walked into the press conference room, holding the game ball in his hands. Conley said it “meant the world” to have his teammates and coaches congratulating him for his play.Barrett, who was supposed to be carrying the ball less this season according to Meyer, finished the game with 24 carries. Overall, he handled the ball 46 times of OSU’s 67 plays from scrimmage.It is unclear how the team’s performance will affect the College Football Playoff rankings for the Buckeyes. The updated rankings will be released on Tuesday at 7 p.m.“The big playoff picture, it’s all noise,” said redshirt junior guard Billy Price. “If you don’t focus on the task at hand, slip-ups happen. Just make sure you go out and execute. Don’t disrespect your opponent.”OSU is now 10-1 this season, and is 7-1 in Big Ten play. The Buckeyes return home for a noon kickoff against Michigan to round out the regular season. read more

Read More →

Ronaldo has no plans to retire from Portugal

first_imgCristiano Ronaldo has revealed that he has no plans whatsoever to retire from representing Portugal at international level, even if he wins the World Cup in RussiaThe Real Madrid superstar recently added his fifth Champions League title to his mounting collection of silverware and finally ended his long wait in winning a major trophy for Portugal after leading the national side to the European championship in France two years ago.Now for the five-time Ballon d’Or winner, there is only one trophy remaining that has eluded him throughout his entire career – the World Cup.But, even if he wins the biggest trophy in world football this summer and fulfils his childhood dream, Ronaldo insists that he will have no plans to retire as he still has plenty left to give.Franck Ribery, FiorentinaFiorentina owner: “Ribery played better than Ronaldo!” Andrew Smyth – September 14, 2019 Fiorentina owner Rocco Commisso was left gushing over Franck Ribery’s performance against Juventus, which he rates above that of even Cristiano Ronaldo’s.“Winning the World Cup is the best thing you can possibly achieve in your career because you represent your country and it is so difficult to win,” said the 33-year-old, according to the Daily Mail.“So if we could do it, then for me it would be the maximum. To give a World Cup to Portugal would be the greatest dream of my life and mean that I would have won everything a player can aspire to win.”He added: “Some people may think if I win the World Cup it would be time to retire, but I am ambitious and I still have a lot to give to this sport.”Portugal will begin their World Cup campaign against Spain in their Group B opener.last_img read more

Read More →

Global tender for new bridge at Majerhat soon

first_imgKolkata: A global tender will be floated to construct the new Majerhat Bridge. Sources said that if everything goes as planned then the tender will be floated next week.The bridge, which used to connect Kolkata with its southern fringes including Behala, had caved in on September 4. The incident had claimed three lives.A high power committee headed by Chief Secretary Malay De was set up to probe the incident. The committee had advised demolition of the entire bridge and to construct a new one at the same place. Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee had said: “He (Chief Secretary) has suggested bringing down the entire structure and construction of a new one in its place. The decision has been taken up in this connection within just seven days of the incident. The Chief Secretary will be monitoring the entire work.” Also Read – Rain batters Kolkata, cripples normal lifeThe work to demolish the bridge had started within a couple of days after the decision was taken and is going on in full swing. At the same time, the decision to float a global tender has also been taken. The state government has taken the decision so that construction of the bridge can be completed within a year.Majerhat Bridge was a very crucial thoroughfare as it connected Kolkata with its southern fringes. It is also the shortest route for vehicles from Kolkata that need to reach South 24-Parganas. Caving in of the bridge had led to massive traffic congestion and during the initial few days after the incident, people were highly inconvenienced due to the same. With a series of steps taken by the state government and Kolkata Police, traffic movement in the area has been somehow made possible by diverting vehicles through some other roads. Also Read – Speeding Jaguar crashes into Mercedes car in Kolkata, 2 pedestrians killedBut to bring further improvement in the movement of traffic in the absence of Majerhat Bridge, decisions were taken to construct three alternate roads, including one at Alipore Avenue, where the work of setting up a level crossing is already complete.With all steps being taken to complete the remaining work for construction of the alternate road as early as possible, senior officials of the state government expect that it will be possible to open the road by October 12 or 13. It will help in better traffic management as vehicles will no longer have to take long routes to reach the southern fringes of the city and South 24-Parganas.last_img read more

Read More →