Donegal Deputy Thomas Pringle confirms endorsement for Right2Change policies

first_img Google+ Facebook 75 positive cases of Covid confirmed in North Facebook RELATED ARTICLESMORE FROM AUTHOR Pinterest Homepage BannerNews WhatsApp Twitter Man arrested on suspicion of drugs and criminal property offences in Derry Donegal Deputy Thomas Pringle has confirmed he is endorsing the Right2Change policies.Pringle, along with 5 other TDs, Mick Wallace, Clare Daly, Joan Collins, Seamus healy and Tommy Broughan are supporting the Right2Change movement.Sinn Fein are also strongly endorsing the movement.Deputy Pringle says he made the decision on the basis that if elected into government, he would adhere to similar policies.He is also stressing that endorsing the policies by no way means he will be entering any kind of voting pact with other parties:Audio Playerhttp://www.highlandradio.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/pringl1pm.mp300:0000:0000:00Use Up/Down Arrow keys to increase or decrease volume. WhatsAppcenter_img Google+ 365 additional cases of Covid-19 in Republic Main Evening News, Sport and Obituaries Tuesday May 25th Donegal Deputy Thomas Pringle confirms endorsement for Right2Change policies Twitter Pinterest Previous articleMilford win All-County League Division 3 TitleNext articleAlmost 200 social housing offers rejected in Donegal last year admin Further drop in people receiving PUP in Donegal By admin – November 2, 2015 Gardai continue to investigate Kilmacrennan firelast_img read more

Read More →

OCHS Girls Tennis Team is Holding a Car Wash at the Intermediate School…

first_imgTennis is part of the Ocean City recreation program for the summer. Get a clean car and help the Ocean City High School girls’ tennis team get a clean start on the season tomorrow at the annual Car Wash fundraiser.The event will take place Saturday August 27 at the Intermediate School from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. Asking price for the car wash will seriously undercut a professional wash. However, additional donations are greatly appreciated.All proceeds from the event will benefit the OCHS girl’s tennis team and senior scholarships,The tennis team, a longtime power in the Cape Atlantic League is ready for its maiden voyage in the new West Jersey Conference. Please stop by and show our Red Raiders how much we support their hard work and dedication. You will leave with a clean car and a smile on your face for helping a great cause.last_img read more

Read More →

Kirk Hunter, chief executive, Scottish Association of Master Bakers

first_imgAs we enter 2007 the industry is facing up to major increases in costs. One local baker recently told me that he was experiencing the biggest increases in raw material prices in living memory. His tale is typical.The immediate problem is the announcement by the major flour millers of the second substantial increase in prices since the early autumn 2006. British Baker has already covered this story in depth.It’s not just flour. The Minimum Wage has been another body blow to many in the Industry. The 6% increase last October has proved to be brutally expensive, ripping through companies’ wage differentials. The Low Pay Commission got its sums wrong. An increase at double the rate of inflation was unjustifiable. It is no surprise that the Bank of England is now battling inflation.Like everyone else bakers have also been faced with massive increases in energy costs. One of my smaller members told me: “The biggest killer for me in the last year has been the increase in energy costs. My costs for gas and electric in 2005 were approximately £7,000. Last year I shelled out over £17,000. I made savings in other areas of my business, but I’m still £10,000 worse off.”A price increase is painful. No-one likes it. However, bakery products remain outstandingly good value. In Scotland, baking remains a sector where small family businesses can succeed. They need to remain viable if consumers are to have the choice and quality they are looking for.last_img read more

Read More →

South Bend police disciplinary matrix approved by Board of Public Safety

first_img By Carl Stutsman – July 15, 2020 1 317 Google+ WhatsApp Twitter Twitter Google+ Pinterest Previous articleWalmart will begin requiring all customers wear masks next weekNext articleMotorcyclist hospitalized after hit-and-run crash on Lincolnway East in Mishawaka Carl Stutsman South Bend police disciplinary matrix approved by Board of Public Safety IndianaLocalNewsSouth Bend Market WhatsApp Facebook Facebook Pinterest (Photo supplied/South Bend Police) South Bend’s Board of Public Safety has approved the recently completed police discipline matrix, and the vote was unanimous.The matrix was the work of months and months of collaborative effort from inside the city, police department, and the public. It lays out in a public document disciplinary steps that will be taken against officers that are caught breaking procedure.In total it has six different tears ranging from small infractions like tardiness and rude comments all the way to deliberate and reckless weapons discharges.Discussion about the matrix started last year, and in previous interviews with 95.3 MNC South Bend Police Chief Scott Ruszkowski has said it is meant to be a living document; that will be up to scrutiny and regularly reviewed and changed when appropriate and necessaryThe full matrix is available online herelast_img read more

Read More →

Jamaica’s top player may miss World Netball Series

first_imgDoubt remains over marquee goal-shooter Jhaniele Fowler-Reid’s participation in this month’s Fast5 World Netball Series in Australia.The 28-year-old had initially indicated her unavailability for the October 28-29 tournament in Melbourne because of the fact she was already down to represent the Sunshine Girls in the Caribbean Championships also being staged in the same month.With the regional tournament cancelled, Fowler-Reid has since made herself available for the trip Down Under but with Netball Jamaica having already submitted the player list to the International Netball Federation minus the player’s name, there is now uncertainty over if she will be allowed to join the squad.“I cannot confirm if Fowler will be there, yes or no,” interim Sunshine Girls head coach Sasher-Gaye Henry told the Gleaner newspaper.“There was an issue with her going to the Fast5 as she is attending school because she had missed a complete term last year. She was on an overseas contract in New Zealand and indicated she would not be able to compete at both tours in the same month.“We have sent a list to [the INF], so we just can’t change it. It will be good for her go now but the fact is that she wasn’t on the original list that was sent up to the International Netball Federation, we will be see how things go now.”Fowler-Reid is one of Jamaica’s leading players, plying her trade professionally for Southern Steel in the New Zealand’s ANZ Premiership for the last five years.She was the leading scorer in this year’s campaign but will turn out in Australia’s Suncorp Super League from next year after signing a new deal there.Fowler-Reid has not represented Jamaica in almost a year but with top shooter Romelda Aiken set to miss the Fast5, her presence will be even more valuable.Three players – Shantal Slater, Shameera Sterling and Jodiann Ward – will be unable to travel to the tournament after having their US visa applications denied.But Henry was unable to confirm whether this would offer an opening for Fowler-Reid to be included.For a previous report on Jamaica’s netball team, click the following link: Three Jamaican netballers suspended after locking horns with coachlast_img read more

Read More →

Bill Belichick praises Rob Gronkowski: He ‘was a major reason why we won games and championships’

first_imgBill Belichick graciously thanked Rob Gronkowski after the Patriots star announced his retirement Sunday.Gronkowski, 29, posted the news on Instagram, saying he was stepping away from the NFL after nine seasons in New England. Patriots star Tom Brady reacts to Rob Gronkowski’s retirement announcement Patriots star Rob Gronkowski announces retirement: ‘Now it’s time to move forward with a big smile’ “It’s time to move forward and move forward with a big smile on my face knowing that the New England Patriots organization, Pats nation and all my fans will truly be a big part of my heart for the rest of my life,” Gronkowski’s message read in part. “It was truly an incredible honor to play for such a great, established organization.”Belichick released a statement praising Gronkowski later in the day. Related Newscenter_img Gronkowski, who struggled with injuries throughout his career, won three Super Bowls and made five Pro Bowls during his time with the Patriots.Gronkowski finishes his career with 521 regular-season catches for 7,861 yards and 79 touchdowns. He retires as the Patriots’ career leader in touchdowns and is tied for the second-most receiving scores in playoff history. “It was a pleasure and a privilege to coach Rob Gronkowski the past nine years,” a statement released by Belichick read. “From his rookie year until his final season and through countless times in between, Rob was a major reason why we won games and championships. His elite combination of size, skill, intelligence, toughness and ability to perform in pressure situations set him apart.“Rob’s impact on our team and organization was felt in many ways. In the ultimate team sport, Rob was a great, great teammate. His production spoke for itself, but his daily attitude, unmistakably positive energy wherever he went and toward whoever he touched will never be forgotten.”Statement from Bill Belichick on @RobGronkowski. pic.twitter.com/aSivcAkF3u— New England Patriots (@Patriots) March 25, 2019Owner Robert Kraft also released a statement Sunday.“In the nine years that I have known Rob Gronkowski, I have never known him to have a bad day,” the statement read. “He always has a youthful exuberance about him and is a joy to be around. As a player, he earned the respect of his coaches and teammates for his hard work, preparation, selfless attitude and the sheer dominance of his game. ‘Gronk’ quickly became a fan favorite and the most dominant player at his position for nearly a decade. I look forward to honoring him in the near future as both a Patriots and Pro Football Hall of Famer.​”last_img read more

Read More →

Heavy rain in north Bengal hits normal life

first_imgIncessant rain and flooding over the past eight days have disrupted normal life in north Bengal. The district of Cooch Behar has received nearly 200 mm of rainfall over the weekend. Floods have inundated 100 tea gardens in Darjeeling and tourists are stranded at many places. The Regional Meteorological Centre has forecast light to moderate rain over the next week. Highways floodedConnectivity between Bengal and Assam has been disrupted. Floodwaters have inundated portions of National Highway 31 at Maruganj in Cooch Behar. National Highway 55, which connects Darjeeling and Siliguri, is closed. A landslide caused NH-10, connecting Kalimpong to Sikkim, to be closed again on Saturday after being reopened. A control room to monitor the situation has been set up in Kolkata. The worst-affected districts are Alipurduar, Jalpaiguri, Cooch Behar and North Dinajpur, all in north Bengal. As many as 32 rivers in Cooch Behar are overflowing including Torsa, Teesta, Raidak, Damodar and Kaljani. The government has set up 43 shelters in the affected areas.last_img read more

Read More →

HapagLloyd UASC Merger Gets Nod from European Commission

first_imgzoom The European Commission has given its approval to German shipping major Hapag-Lloyd’s proposed acquisition of Dubai-based shipping company United Arab Shipping Company (UASC). The clearance is conditional on the withdrawal of UASC from a consortium on the trade routes between Northern Europe and North America, where the merged entity “would have faced insufficient competitive constraint,” the European Commission said.“European companies rely on container liner shipping services for their transatlantic shipments. It’s very important that the markets remain open. The commitments offered by Hapag-Lloyd ensure that the takeover will not lead to price increases on the routes between Northern Europe and North America,” Commissioner Margrethe Vestager, in charge of competition policy, said.The merger of the two competitors will create the fifth largest container liner shipping company worldwide.The Commission examined the effects of the merger on competition in the market for container liner shipping on thirteen trade routes connecting Europe with the Americas, the Middle East, the Indian Subcontinent, the Far East, Australia, New Zealand and West Africa, as well as Northern Europe with the Mediterranean, and found that the merger, as initially notified, would have created links on the Northern Europe – North America trade routes between the consortia and alliances in which Hapag-Lloyd is a member and the NEU1 (ex-Pendulum) consortium, in which UASC is a member.In order to address the Commission’s competition concerns, Hapag-Lloyd said that it would terminate the participation of UASC in the NEU1 consortium, which would entirely remove the additional link between Hapag-Lloyd’s and UASC’s consortia, that the transaction would have created on the Northern Europe – North America trade routes.Although UASC will continue to operate as part of the NEU1 consortium during the notice period to guarantee an orderly exit, a monitoring trustee will ensure that no anti-competitive information is shared between the NEU1 consortium and the merged entity during that notice period.The Commission therefore concluded that the proposed transaction, as modified by the remedies proposed, would no longer raise competition concerns. The decision is conditional upon full compliance with the commitments.Hapag-Lloyd added that the company has “approvals of three more authorities pending now. For instance China, Japan, South Korea also approved already besides some others.”last_img read more

Read More →

ASA First Vice President Receives Distinguished Service to Agriculture Award

first_imgDelaware Farm Bureau President Kitty Holtz presents ASA First Vice President with the Delaware Farm Bureau Distinguished Service to Agriculture Award. Photo Credit: Delaware Farm BureauThe Delaware State Farm Bureau awarded ASA First Vice President Richard Wilkins with the prestigious “Distinguished Service to Agriculture” award in early December.A panel of judges scores each of the applicants looking for involvement in the organization; ag background; education; professional experience with agriculture; serving on related boards and commissions; member of other ag organizations and known advocate for agriculture.The recipient is selected from the three County Farm Bureau “Distinguished Service to Ag” award winners. A panel of judges scores each of the applicants looking for involvement in the organization; ag background; education; professional experience with agriculture; serving on related boards and commissions; membership in other ag organizations and known advocacy for agriculture.Delaware Farm Bureau Executive Director Pamela J. Bakerian said although the other two applicants certainly have notable accomplishments, Wilkins is known as an Ag Advocate on many levels.Wilkins is a farmer from Greenwood, Del. who farms 400 acres of soybeans annually. In addition, he produces 400 acres of corn, 250 acres of wheat, 100 acres of barley, 300 acres of vegetables, 250 acres of hay and raises 150 head of beef cattle. He’s served as ASA Treasurer, Vice President and now First Vice President. He’s been a member of the Mid-Atlantic Soybean Association since 2002, and served his state association as President (2005-10) and Membership Chair (2003-04). He has been a member of the American Farm Bureau Federation Soybean Advisory Committee.last_img read more

Read More →