MOST READ

first_imgMOST READ BPI nets P13.74B in H1 CARGO COORDINATOR PASSES AWAY AFTER BOHOL RELIEF DRIVEMORE STORIESnewsinfoBohol worker beaten to death for stealing pantiesnewsinfoFirst a cockroach, now a fly disturbs DutertenewsinfoUS gives P2B to boost quality early education in Bicol, W. VisayasMORE STORIESnewsinfoBohol worker beaten to death for stealing pantiesnewsinfoFirst a cockroach, now a fly disturbs DutertenewsinfoUS gives P2B to boost quality early education in Bicol, W. VisayasA 50-YEAR-OLD Cebuano cargo coordinator died of a heart attack at dawn last Sunday after distributing relief goods to earthquake victims in Bohol province.Renato Cañete, a resident of Purok Sampaguita, Poblacion, Liloan, Cebu suffered a heart attack while heading back to Cebu.He insisted on going despite advice from his superiors not to proceed even if he was not feeling well, his 47-year-old wife Helen said.She said her husband had coughing and vomiting episodes before his death.ADVERTISEMENT “We will be spending for the computerization program so we’re assessing things. Because, if it will be temporary, we might be wasting money,” Marquez said.“As to the Palace of Justice, we’re still studying whether or not it will be renovated, retrofitted, or maybe we need to find another location to put up the Hall of Justice,” he added./ STC Intern Fresha Anne EndicoRead Next Tolentino: No more debate with Drilon on China deal ‘PADRE’ TO BE SWORN IN BY DAVIDESUSPENDED priest and barangay Kawit chairman Oscar Banzon will be sworn in by Cebu Gov. Hilario Davide III in Medellin town, northern Cebu on Nov. 15.ADVERTISEMENT Fajardo opens up about future plans; why he’s always excited coming home to family, friends LATEST STORIES Fake cop accosts real cops, is arrested in Pateros Fake cop accosts real cops, is arrested in Pateros Angara: Investigate DOH’s ‘constipated’ medicine distribution systemcenter_img SC MULLS HALL OF JUSTICE STATUSSUPREME Court administrator Midas Marquez arrived in Cebu City yesterday to assess the viability of the computerization program in the city’s courts amid the damage sustained by the Palace of Justice.Marquez was with Robert C. La Mont, of the American Bar Association and Reed Aeschliman and Gerardi Porta of the US Agency for International Development (USAid) to inspect the damages on the Palace of Justice. Two Japanese companies sent some family kits to earthquake victims in Bohol through the cargo company Renato worked for last week.“My husband was a very kind person, he loved to help people especially those who are in need,” she said.Helen said her husband texted one of their children, saying he would be in Cebu by Sunday morning and visit the cemetery.Renato was one of the 39 employees who volunteered in the distribution of relief goods instead of spending All Souls’ Day and All Saints’ Day with their families.“His co-workers told me that when they reached Bohol, my husband helped them in unloading the goods. I believe this got him stressed,” she added.Helen said their youngest son kept asking when his father will wake up. “I just told my son that his father won´t wake up anymore since he is now with our Lord,” she said. /Correspondent Michelle Joy L. Padayhag Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. 8 dead, 60 injured in Batanes quake PLAY LIST 02:128 dead, 60 injured in Batanes quake01:155.9 magnitude quake jolts Batanes01:12Test confirms ID of first Filipino suicide bomber03:26PCSO to focus on improving transparency of gaming activities01:39Sotto open to discuss, listen to pros and cons of divorce bill06:02Senate to probe Tolentino’s ‘novel legal theories’ on oral agreements01:50Palace open to make Dengvaxia usable again as dengue cases spike01:49House seeks probe on ‘massive corruption’ in PCSO01:37PCSO estimates P250M in Lotto revenue loss due to suspension Quake disturbs Itbayat, Batanes anew SMC bags Bulacan airport project Carpio gets nominated as CJ for 4th time Banzon was elected barangay captain of Kawit and will assume his post on December 1. “I will go to Medellin. That’s the arrangement we had with Vice Gov. (Agnes) Magpale,” Davide said.Davide said he has yet to meet Banzon, whom Cebu Archbishop Jose Palma suspended after filing his certificate of candidacy.FEATURED STORIESNEWSINFOSenate to probe Tolentino’s ‘novel legal theories’ on oral agreementsNEWSINFOLocsin wants to drop ‘visas upon arrival’ privilegeNEWSINFOTolentino: No more debate with Drilon on China dealBanzon paid a courtesy call on Magpale and asked that he be sworn in by Davide last Monday.Banzon was prohibited from performing his priestly functions and duties and is under investigation by the Cebu Archdiocese after he admitted having a relationship with a councilwoman. /Reporter Ador Vincent Mayol View commentslast_img