However Samarasinghe, who was the Minister in charge of human rights under the Mahinda Rajapaksa Government, said that some foreign Government’s refused to share information on Sri Lankans who fled Sri Lanka and are living in a foreign country. “Those countries did not share the information as that would have been a violation of their laws,” he said. The Minister however said that it is the responsibility of the Government to make every attempt to look for those still missing.He said the current Government has the political will to investigate the incidents related to the war and ensure justice is served. (Colombo Gazette) The Government says some people reported missing during or soon after the war may have gone overseas.Minister Mahinda Samarasinghe said that when he was with the former Government he had worked with the Foreign Ministry to seek information on people reported missing and believed to have been living in a foreign country.
- How Spurs will line up under Mourinho at West Ham with Alderweireld recalled
- Kane labels Chelsea clash ‘the big one’ as Mourinho prepares to face former side
- Fiji Sevens captain arrested for drunk driving
- Rapatona and Hekari in for heavy clash
- Gladbach-Cologne, suspended by Sabine, will be played on 11-M