Sri Lanka’s Permanent Representative to Geneva, Ambassador A. L. A. Azeez told the UN Human Rights Council (UNHRC), the Poonthottam Rehabilitation Centre will be winding up in November. “It will help provide vocational training for ex-combatants to enhance their living standards with new employment opportunities,” he said.The Poonthottam Rehabilitation Centre was established by the former Government after the war to rehabilitate former LTTE cadres. (Colombo Gazette) The Government is to close the Poonthottam Rehabilitation Centre in Vavuniya in November.At present there are only three people undergoing rehabilitation and they are expected to complete the rehabilitation programme by 29th November 2018. He said that after November 2018 the Poonthottam Rehabilitation Centre will serve as a Vocational Training Centre.
- How Spurs will line up under Mourinho at West Ham with Alderweireld recalled
- Kane labels Chelsea clash ‘the big one’ as Mourinho prepares to face former side
- Fiji Sevens captain arrested for drunk driving
- Rapatona and Hekari in for heavy clash
- Gladbach-Cologne, suspended by Sabine, will be played on 11-M